About the award:
The Excellence Through Collaboration Award recognizes corporate partner companies that have partnered with a state to implement a program, project or service that positively impacts its service to the state.
Nominated partnerships should focus on areas of priority for chief administrators such as general services, infrastructure, finance, and personnel. This would be considered a joint award to a state primary member and the corporate partner(s) that partnered in the project.
- General Services (procurement, fleet, mail, printing, supplies, surplus)
- Infrastructure (facilities, construction, information technology, telecommunication)
- Financial Management (risk management, accounting, state budget, state insurance, audit)
- Personnel (human resources, professional development training)
To be eligible for consideration, nominated projects must involve collaboration and shared responsibility between state government and one or more Corporate Partner(s) in good standing with NASCA. This award recognizes initiatives that deliver a valuable public benefit, service, or resource that positively impacts the state’s citizens. In-kind donations and contracts for services do not necessarily constitute a public-private partnership for purposes of this award. Nominated partnerships should be collaborative in nature as described above.
- State must be a paid member of NASCA
- Submissions must be made by State Chief Administrators (or equivalent) or corporate partner with the State Chief Administrator's written approval
- Nominated programs/projects should have occurred between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2019
- Only completed submissions will be accepted
- Submissions will only be accepted online
There will be two main criteria for the Excellence Through Collaboration Awards:
1.) Collaboration: Projects must involve collaboration and shared responsibility between sectors.
2.) Value Added: Initiatives that deliver a valuable public benefit, service, or resource that positively impacts the state’s citizens. In-kind donations and contracts for services do not necessarily constitute a public-private partnership for purposes of this award.
The deadline to submit is July 19, 2019 at 11:59 PM ET.