About the award:
The National Walton Leadership Award was established to recognize state chief administrators for their passion, outstanding service, leadership and commitment to state government. The award was created to honor Ray Walton for his service and dedication to state government and to NASCA. Ray Walton served as the Executive Director for NASCA from February 2011 through February 2015 and the former Director and Chief Operating Officer for the Iowa Department of Administrative Services. Click here to learn more about Ray.
This award will be presented annually to one state chief administrator at the Institute on Management and Leadership.
- Nominees must currently serve as a state chief administrator (or equivalent) or be no more than 12 months removed (i.e. July 2015) from serving as state chief administrator
- As a peer-to-peer recognition program, submissions can only be made by current state chief administrators (or equivalent)
- Nominees (i.e. the state) for this award must be current members with NASCA
Selection of the National Walton Leadership Award honoree is based on two major criteria:
- Accomplishments in his/her state
- Service and leadership during their career
The winner for this award will be selected by a NASCA awards sub-committee.
Nominations are currently closed.