About the award:
The 2016 Innovations awards program is now closed. Contact NASCA's Executive Director, Sarah Razor, with questions.
NASCA established the Innovations in State Government Awards program to recognize state administration department programs and projects that exemplify best practices. This awards program will recognize one outstanding state government initiative in each the following categories;
- General Services (procurement, fleet, mail, printing, supplies, surplus)
- Infrastructure (facilities, construction, information technology, telecommunication)
- Financial Management (risk management, accounting, state budget, state insurance, audit)
- Personnel (human resources, professional development training)
Who is eligible?
NASCA welcomes submissions from state government administration departments (i.e. NASCA's primary membership departments.) Submissions must be unique and governmental staff from the administration department must have played a significant role in developing the program or project.
- State must be a paid member of NASCA
- Submissions must be made by State Chief Administrators (or equivalent) or other state member with the State Chief Administrator's approval
- Only one nomination per state is allowed in each category
- A project can only be nominated in one category, not multiple categories
- Nominated programs/projects should have occurred between July 1, 2014 and June 30, 2016
- Only completed submissions will be accepted
- Submissions will only be accepted online
Emphasis is placed on recognizing those programs and projects which exemplify best practices, assist government officials in innovatively executing their duties, and creating efficiencies and effectiveness in state government.
Click here to download a copy of the eligibility and guidelines.